I have spied lambs and seen glimspes of blossoms and to me that means spring! Spring also means time for change, a re-vamp in your interiors and my pals at Dulux have again come up with some serious Spring inspiration!
You won’t find muted pastels or traditional spring hues here – no sireebob – this palette is earthy, strong and has a touch of the masculine vibe that is unexpected but darned cool. It’s literally bringing the outside in, making tones of brown and green the hero colours. Accents of metallics, multi-tonal wood and lush leaves give this mix of colours a modern vibe and some voom voom cool factor.
“Think about a formal room or a casual sanctuary and create the mood of a library or space to escape,” Dulux Creative Consultant and Stylist Bree Leech says. “The ambience won’t be strictly traditional in style; but rather will have a sophisticated mix of old and new items, with plenty of plants to bring nature inside.”
Bree Leech, who is the creative marven behind these images also had these pearls to impart:
Style tips for spring 2015 from Bree Leech, Creative Consultant and Stylist for Dulux
• Create a stylish, sophisticated and moody feel by pairing brown with a limited palette of neutrals, such Dulux Rawene and Cardrona.
• Add a highlight of green to brown schemes to lift the mood and provide a point of interest.
• Green and brown are great together but choose one as the hero and the other as a support. Colours can be lost when applied in equal amounts.
• Brown is a nostalgic colour; keep it contemporary by mixing nostalgic pieces, such as art and antiques, with modern furniture, lighting and accessories.
• Adding a touch of pink to an all-green colour scheme can give it a modern edge and draws on inspiration from spring blooms.
• For a touch of luxury, add metallic highlights of gold and brass.
On-trend interior colours for spring 2015
Rawene: The perfect charcoal or “near black” which works with many other hues and can be used anywhere inside or outside the home to create a moody ambience.
Herald Island: A dark deep mesmerizing brown perfect to enhance a living room or bedroom and inject a warm sense of nurturing and security.
Shotover Street: A gorgeous deep green perfect for casual and formal living spaces, as well as bedrooms, which works well alongside browns, beiges and soft blues and greens.
Kopu: An earthy green that will enhance any space in the home and will naturally project the feeling of relaxation and tranquility.
Cardrona: A crisp, clean contemporary white that will feel fresh and bright and will present underlying warmth.
Longwood Forest: This mid based green has a slight yellow/green undertone which schemes well with natural, earthy colours such as deep browns, charcoals, stones and burnished oranges.
Find all the above colours over at Dulux online HQ here
Credits: Styling by Bree Leech and Heather Nette King with photography by Lisa Cohen for Dulux